Tough Reader, Good Advice

"Mike has a superb knowledge, love and understanding of film. He does his work with integrity and passion."

Kristin Overn
Executive Director
The PAGE International
Screenwriting Awards

"To be honest, the money I have spent on these reports ($50 for each one) has been some of the best money I have ever spent. "


Mina Zaher
Journey of a Screenwriter

"Michael Lee is the most knowledgable, thorough and professional screenplay analyst in the business!"

John Vincent
Executive Director
Hollywood Screenplay Contest





Thursday, December 29, 2011

Congrats Pat White!

I've been away from the Foxhole for a while but now is a good time to come back. First I need to give a shout out to Pat White my client and friend who this previous year won THE GRAND PRIZE at the 2011 PAGE Awards for her sci fi script Escape. Way to go Pat!

I had the privilege of reading Escape early in 2011 and I'm not surprised at all it won. Pat is a very accomplished writer and her concept was flat out brilliant. Here's hoping Escape catches the eye of a producer!

Coming up I'll be doing a post on Marketing Packages. I'm always being asked if a writer should include coverage in a submission. The answer is no for a variety of reasons but a marketing package is something a writer should look into.

Then, fresh off a another busy month of judging I'll be listing my Do's and Don't's for contest submissions.

Everyone have a happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Reading and Tools

Script Reading Services Available

Basic - 5 to 7 pages of detailed analysis going over a script's concept, structure, characters, dialogue, plot and marketability

Page Notes - 10 pages or more of in depth analysis from the first page to the end.

Services

The StoryPros